Data Entry & Support Specialist (On-Site)Posted: August 2, 2022
Location: Mail Shark - Reading, PADepartment(s): Data Processing
Process and merge data files for each mailing client to ensure that their direct mail marketing pieces are sent at the correct time, and to the correct destination. Assist other departments to create a smooth workflow.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare, process and merge mailing lists for addressing marketing material
- Fill out weekly report and print postage tags for priority mailing jobs.
- List certification for mailing/marketing requests.
- Merge client files for weekly logistics trucking plan.
- Prepare, modify and organize weekly logistic paperwork.
- Manage USPS Customer Gateway portal so mail can be verified weekly and so that postage is billed correctly.
- Create itemized schedule for weekly logistic plan to provide to USPS employee prior to verification.
- Verify and upload proof of mailings (postage receipts) for clients.
- Internal account data entry and correspondence.
- Operate in a team environment while independently and collectively working toward similar goals.
- Ability to understand and learn various strategies of mailing (EDDM, full service, suppression, nonprofit, DDU, etc).
- Presort and postsort experience a plus.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Mail Shark Site, Slight InDesign, CS Suite, internet software, and miscellaneous programs as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
- Oral communication skills
- Customer service skills
- Organization skills
- Written communication skills
- Diplomacy skills
- Time management skills
- Telephone etiquette skills
- Computer literacy skills
- Proofreading skills
- Keyboard skills
- Bachelor's degree (B. A. / B. S.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20-30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus, and ability to see color.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
About Mail Shark
Mail Shark is a full-service direct mail company that’s been providing design, printing, and mailing services to businesses of all sizes since 2008. We just finished renovating our 62,000-sq. foot facility in Mohnton, PA to accommodate our rapidly growing team!
If you’re looking for a place where your work will make a meaningful impact, join Mail Shark and grow your career alongside one of the fastest growing companies in America for the past 9 years.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance plans for you and your family
- Health coverage begins the first day of the first full month after your start date
- 401(k) plan with dollar for dollar employer match on a generous % of your contribution
- Two weeks paid vacation to start (prorated on start date) with an additional day for each year you’re employed (up to 5 extra days)
- Three personal days per year
- 8 weeks paid maternity leave
- 2 weeks paid paternity leave
- Free catered lunch whenever we hit a weekly sales goal
- Casual dress code
- Relaxed atmosphere
- Easy, encouraged access to upper management and ownership
- Plenty of coffee stations
- On-site cafeteria with fresh catered food brought in 3 times a week
- Free money each week in your account for use in the cafeteria
- Peaceful outdoor seating area to get away from it all