Marketing AssistantPosted: April 27, 2022
Location: Mail Shark - Mohnton, PA, US, PADepartment(s): Marketing
The Marketing Assistant position is an entry level position. The candidate will assist the Marketing Project Manager on the needed deliverables within projects related to marketing campaigns. The Marketing Assistant will oversee and execute instructions, as well as meet deadlines. Most of the time they will oversee a group of marketing projects simultaneously. The Marketing Assistant will report to the Marketing Project Manager. This is a learning position where the candidate will be exposed to all facets of marketing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Delegate tasks and activities to team members and vendors.
- Communicate clearly with team members, external stakeholders, and vendors.
- Utilize knowledge base in data analysis, basic copy writing and proofing, SEO, social media, and marketing technologies/platforms.
- Performs in a fast-paced environment while meeting strict deadlines.
- Proficient in management tools such as Teams, Hootsuite, and other marketing apps, as it pertains to the department.
- Managing deadlines set by the Marketing Project Manager.
- Prioritizes and balances workflow in accordance to ensure deadlines are met as well as manage themselves to achieve goals.
- Coordinate trade shows
- Sending deliverables
- Updating social media accounts
- Creating marketing reports
- Launching new project cards in Microsoft Planner
- Maintaining marketing lists
- Creating contracts, order lines, and approving artwork in our internal system
- Assist the Marketing Project Manager with other marketing operations as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Basic understanding of project coordinating
- Understanding of basic marketing concepts
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications
- Develop strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as internal and external stakeholders
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Basic mathematical skills required.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret and extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Google Docs, Microsoft 365 and its apps, Google Sheets, and miscellaneous programs as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; and regularly required to use hands; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, walk, stand, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and lift up to 25lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
About Mail Shark
Mail Shark is a full-service direct mail company that’s been providing design, printing, and mailing services to businesses of all sizes since 2008. We now operate out of two facilities: a 62,000-sq. foot facility in Mohnton, PA, and our recently opened facility in Reading, PA.
If you’re looking for a place where your work will make a meaningful impact, join Mail Shark and grow your career alongside one of the fastest growing companies in America for the past 9 years.
- Competitive salary
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance plans for you and your family
- Health coverage begins the first day of the first full month after your start date
- 401(k) plan with dollar for dollar employer match on a generous % of your contribution
- Two weeks paid vacation to start (prorated on start date) with an additional day for each year you’re employed (up to 5 extra days)
- Three personal days per year
- 8 weeks paid maternity leave
- 2 weeks paid paternity leave
- Free catered lunch whenever we hit a weekly sales goal (occurs frequently)
- Casual dress code
- Plenty of coffee stations
- On-site cafeteria with fresh catered food brought in 3 times a week
- Free money each week in your account for use in the cafeteria
- From May 27th through September 2nd, you’ll have the option to work from home every Friday
Fill out the form below, and submit your resume for consideration.Apply Now