Accounting Associate (Entry Level)Posted: December 2, 2019
Location: Mail Shark - Mohnton, PADepartment(s): HR & Accounting
Accounting associates assist in the area of financial reporting and processing transactions for Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Process single and batch Credit Card transactions.
- Process single and batch ACH transactions.
- Deposit checks from clients.
- Maintain Accounts Receivables using the Mail Shark system.
- Contact customers with returned payments and recapture funds.
- Coordinate Collections using third party agencies.
- Pay approved company bills in a timely manner.
- Update Accounting Software for Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable transactions.
- Maintain a task list of time sensitive transactions and process when due.
- Prepare invoices and ledgers for Corporate Accounts and oversee the associated Receivables.
- Communicate with Account Executives regarding Accounts Receivable.
- Prepare various internal audits and reconciliations.
- Prepare reports, documents and spreadsheets for direct supervisor on request.
- Performs other duties as requested.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office 365, Quick Books Enterprise Solutions, ADP Online, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox.
- Time management.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A. / B. S.) from four-year college or university and two+ years related experience; and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Degree or experience should have a Concentration in Accounting.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
About Mail Shark
Mail Shark is a full-service direct mail company that’s been providing design, printing, and mailing services to businesses of all sizes since 2008. We just finished renovating our 62,000-sq. foot facility in Mohnton, PA to accommodate our rapidly growing team!
If you’re looking for a place where your work will make a meaningful impact, join Mail Shark and grow your career alongside one of the fastest growing companies in America for the past 8 years.
- Competitive salary
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance plans for you and your family
- Health coverage begins the first day of the first full month after your start date
- 401(k) plan with dollar for dollar employer match on a generous % of your contribution
- Two weeks paid vacation to start (prorated on start date) with an additional day for each year you’re employed (up to 5 extra days)
- Three personal days per year
- 8 weeks paid maternity leave
- Free catered lunch whenever we hit a weekly sales goal
- Casual dress code
- Relaxed atmosphere
- Easy, encouraged access to upper management and ownership
- Plenty of coffee stations
- On-site cafeteria with fresh catered food brought in 3 times a week
- Free money each week in your account for use in the cafeteria
- Peaceful outdoor seating area to get away from it all