- Many homeowners don’t know what HVAC companies do.
- Avoid using technical jargon in your marketing.
- Minor verbiage tweaks to your marketing message can have a huge impact.
It’s easy to forget that the industry terminology you use all day in your business may be confusing to customers. However, do you know that many homeowners do not even know what HVAC companies do? Well, it turns out that is exactly the case. The results of our recent nationwide consumer research report “Cracking The Code” uncovered that 50% of homeowners surveyed reported that they “do not know what HVAC companies do.”
It’s clear many homeowners don’t understand what HVAC companies do. However, what isn’t as clear is the relationship between the age range of these respondents and their responses.
Taking a closer look at these numbers by the age of respondents paints a noticeably clearer picture. As you can see from the results below, younger-age-group respondents are less aware of what HVAC companies do than older respondents. It’s logical that the older you are, the more experience you are likely to have with homeownership. However, it is still surprising that almost 1 out of 3 (32%) of the oldest age bracket (65+) reported that they don’t know what HVAC companies do.
Based on these findings, we can only conclude that many of these homeowners also do not understand other HVAC industry terminology.
Recommendation For Your HVAC
When creating ad copy for your marketing or when speaking to customers, it’s always best practice to avoid using technical jargon or any verbiage that may not be very easily understood by the layperson without additional context.
Below is just one small example of how a minor verbiage change could improve the clarity of your message to homeowners.
Download Cracking the Code Home Services Today To learn More About Your Customers
And To Access All Our Latest Consumer Research And Insights.
What else you’ll learn:
- Do consumers know what HVAC companies do?
- What offers do many HVAC companies get wrong?
- What influences your customers the most?
- Who is using coupons for your services?
- What Google rating can hurt your business?
- How often do your customers want to hear from you?
- One Proven Retention & Referral Marketing Concept.
- How much does your technician’s appearance matter?
- & Much More!