- 1 in 3 (30%) reported they would consider purchasing an annual maintenance plan
- Younger homeowners are more likely to consider purchasing an annual maintenance plan than older homeowners.
- Ensuring you have the right sales strategy and marketing will maximize close rates on maintenance plans.
Annual maintenance plans offer a stream of recurring revenue and guaranteed future income. Of course, you want to sell more of them. However, customer demand for maintenance plans is not as apparent, and who is most likely to consider purchasing one. Based on results for our latest nationwide consumer research, about 1 in 3 (30%) of surveyed homeowners reported they would consider purchasing an annual maintenance plan, while 44% said they were not sure they would.
You mentioned you do not have an annual maintenance plan for your heating and air conditioning systems. Which of the following statements applies to you regarding an annual maintenance plan?
The most influential factor determining whether homeowners will consider purchasing an annual maintenance plan is age.
Younger homeowners are more open to consider purchasing an annual maintenance plan; the level of interest consistently decreases as homeowner age increases.
Develop a strong sales strategy and train your staff on how to effectively sell your maintenance plan. Consider creating a brochure or flyer that does an outstanding job of conveying the features and, most importantly, benefits of your specific maintenance plan while keeping technical jargon to a minimum. With the right sales pitch and strong supporting literature, the odds of a potentially high close rate and conversion of those unsure homeowners into purchasers are in your favor.
To Learn More About Your Customers, Access All Our Latest Consumer Research And Insights.
DOWNLOAD CRACKING THE CODE HOME SERVICES TODAY!
What else you’ll learn:
- Do consumers know what HVAC companies do?
- What offers do many HVAC companies get wrong?
- What influences your customers the most?
- Who is using coupons for your services?
- What Google rating can hurt your business?
- How often do your customers want to hear from you?
- One Proven Retention & Referral Marketing Concept.
- How much does your technician’s appearance matter?
- & Much More!