Our Approach To Direct Mail
If you’re like most business owners, you probably don’t have lots of cash on hand or the time to plan and execute marketing campaigns week after week. Let alone for an entire year. Our owner stumbled upon this problem a decade ago, and both The Weekly Mailing Strategy and The Annual Mailing Program were born.
The Weekly Mailing Strategy
Mail Weekly and Pay Weekly in 3 Easy Steps
Choose a Direct Mail Piece
Choose a Mailing Service
This determines your list and quantity. (Ex: 5,000 Addresses)
Choose a Mailing Schedule
Number of weeks to mail & pay over. (Most Commonly 10)
The weekly mailing strategy was developed to make direct mail as affordable and stress-free as possible for business owners who spend most of their time running their businesses.
It works by taking the total number of mail pieces, as well as the total cost of your campaign, and spreading them out evenly over a period of up to 10 weeks. Each week your pieces are mailed out, you make a small weekly payment. Pretty simple.
Benefits of Weekly Mailing
- No Money Down We finance the cost of your mailing area analysis, mailing list, artwork, printing, postal sorting, and delivery. You don’t pay a dime until we pay the post office for your first week’s mailing.
- Steady, More Manageable Returns By spreading your mailings out over several weeks, you can rely on a steadier, more predictable return over time, instead of a rush of new business all at once.
- Affordable Weekly Payments Splitting your direct mail costs into small, weekly payments makes it easier to fit into your weekly budget. This is invaluable for businesses that run on a week-to-week basis.
- Fits Any Budget We work with you to pick the right piece, mailing area, quantity, and mailing schedule to get you the best results without going over your budget.
The Annual Mailing Program
Market Your Business Every Week of the Year
For customers who want the convenience of a "set it and forget it" marketing plan, we created The Annual Mailing Program.
It works by applying our Weekly Mailing Strategy to 5 or more mailings throughout a 12-month period. We send out five campaigns, each over ten weeks, for a total of 50 weeks of mailing throughout the year. We then spread the cost of those five campaigns out over 52 weeks to give you the lowest weekly payment possible - and we throw in a discount for good measure.
Benefits of the Annual Program
- Our Lowest Pricing We apply our deepest discounts for customers using the annual program, so you pay the absolute lowest amount possible for your direct mail.
- Consistent, Effortless Marketing Busy? No problem. We’ll handle the marketing and you’ll have fresh, relevant advertising hitting your target audience every single week of the year.
- Flexibility You can change the products, update pricing and promotions, or adjust quantities and mailing areas with each mailing.
- Frequency By mailing on a weekly basis all year, you’ll hit the same groups of people 5 times, increasing the likelihood that they’ll purchase and enhancing their lifetime value.
See How Our Strategy Has Helped Our Clients
After posting our worst annual growth of any non-recession year since we opened for business, we signed up for Mail Shark’s Weekly Mailing Program. It had taken several months and two to three mailing cycles before we started to see a return. Then, literally overnight, we experienced a 20% jump in gross revenue. Once the flood of calls began, it was our job to keep the customers coming back. However, it was the Weekly Mailing Program that was directly responsible for the overwhelming majority of first-time callers. Our growth continued through 2016, our second year using Mail Shark, with our revenue increasing by six figures. We are now in our third year using the program, and we have decided to make it a part of our business model.
After our first year with Mail Shark, our sales increased $200,000 over the previous year! We started with 500 pieces/week but soon doubled our mailings to 1000/week after tracking evidence showed the increase was coming from the Mail Shark program.
We have used Mail Shark for the past 3 years for our two pizza shops and it has definitely helped our sales increase and get our name out! We do mailings every week and we can always tell when menus (or magnets, or postcards) hit the homes! The staff is always very professional and helpful, doing whatever possible to make sure we are satisfied. I would suggest to anyone looking to increase sales to try Mail Shark for a year…you will be very happy you did!
FAQs for Weekly and Annual Programs
- How do the payments work?
You pay no money down or up front. No matter what program you choose, your first payment is due the week before delivery of your mailers, when postage is paid. Your weekly payment is the total cost of your direct mail campaign divided by the number of weeks of mailings.
Weekly Mailing = total cost/# of weeks, due weekly over # of weeks
Annual Mailing = total cost/52 weeks, due weekly over 52 weeks
- Why are there 50 weeks of mailings but 52 weeks of payments?
There are two weeks of your choosing where mailings will not go out. Our clients usually choose the weeks of July 4th and Christmas when business is slower. We simply spread the payments out over 52 weeks to assist with cash flow.
- Are there any additional fees for artwork, taxes, postage, etc.?
No. Our prices are all-inclusive and include custom design work, the mailing list, printing, mailing services, postage, and taxes. There are no hidden fees.
- Can I end my annual mailing program prior to its completion?
Yes. The annual program is designed for consistency and results, not to lock you into additional mailings.
We have two pricing structures: our annual weekly mailing pricing, and our open rates. Our annual pricing is a reduced pricing structure you receive when you sign up for an annual program. Our open rate pricing is what you’d pay if you chose to mail any quantity of pieces not associated with an annual program.
If you choose to end your contract prior to its completion, you will only be charged for the pieces we have printed and mailed for you to date. You will be charged the difference between the annual pricing and the open rate pricing. This isn’t a penalty; you are simply paying the same rate you would have paid if you had chosen to do those mailings as open rate rather than annual. After you pay the difference, your contract is canceled with no further obligation.
- What if I want to mail everything at one time?
You can always mail a campaign over a one week period. You would just owe one payment for the campaign since there are no additional weeks to spread your payments over.
- Can I mail my pieces over more than 10 weeks
Yes. However, for campaigns that run more than 10 weeks, we ask that you pay the cost of the printing up front. Your weekly payments would then be determined by dividing the remainder of the cost by the number of weeks you’re mailing over.
Interested in More Information?
Fill out the form below and a direct mail expert will contact you soon.