Senior Visual DesignerPosted: January 17, 2024
Location: Mail Shark - 4125 New Holland Rd, Mohnton, PA 19540, PADepartment(s): Array Schedule: Mon-Fri 8:30am to 5pm
The Senior Designer at Mail Shark will join our in-house creative team and assist in elevating the look, layout, and features of the Mail Shark brand as well as various other consumer-facing brands within our multi-channel campaigns. This individual will be responsible for concepting, managing and creating a variety of deliverables for print, web, and user centric interactions. They should have a firm understanding of the fundamentals of design, user interaction and an eye for clean and artful layouts. If you are a truly original creative thinker that loves working with various brands and turning concepts into reality while working alongside an amazingly talented in-house agency team setting.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Producing a variety of graphic materials (digital and print) that respect existing brand standards and guidelines for the Mail Shark brand
- Assist design team with Project management of workflow
- Creating various design deliverables to support multi-channel campaigns
- Participating in ideation and conceptual brainstorms
- Editing web, print and media content
- Designing webpage layouts, emails, banner ads, etc.
- Designing print layouts, selling sheets, brochures, catalogs, etc.
- Design user-centric experiences that balance the users’ needs with mission/business goals and tech capabilities
- Working in a creative team setting on multiple campaigns and various brands
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong design portfolio
- Comfortable with feedback and juggling multiple projects in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; not afraid to ask questions
- A positive problem-solver that’s organized, detailed and collaborative yet delivers individual impact
- Ability to handle multiple timelines and switch between tasks to manage competing priorities
- Excellent communication skills (you should be able to clearly articulate your design/coding decisions)
- Ability to work well in a team setting
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Some mathematical skills required.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret and extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft 365, Adobe Creative Cloud Suite and miscellaneous programs as needed. Video editing experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Other Abilities:
- Knowledge of video including lighting, sound, and editing
- Maintain base fluency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficiency MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications
- Develop strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as internal and external stakeholders
- Basic knowledge in user experience design
- Web and Interactive design experience
- Understanding of layout concepts and information gathering for best design output
- Basic knowledge of print design
- Proficient with photo retouching, manipulation and color correction skills
- Bachelor's degree in design or related field
- 2+ years of experience in an agency or corporate creative team setting
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; and regularly required to use hands; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, walk, stand, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and lift up to 25lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
About Mail Shark
Mail Shark is a full-service direct mail company that’s been providing design, printing, and mailing services to businesses of all sizes since 2008. We just finished renovating our 62,000-sq. foot facility in Mohnton, PA to accommodate our rapidly growing team!
If you’re looking for a place where your work will make a meaningful impact, join Mail Shark and grow your career alongside one of the fastest growing companies in America for the past 7 years.
- Competitive salary
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance plans for you and your family
- Health coverage begins the first day of the first full month after your start date
- 401(k) plan with dollar for dollar employer match on a generous % of your contribution
- You start with 13 days of paid time off (prorated on start date)
- For each year you’re employed you’ll receive additional PTO (1-5 years: 8 hours) (6+ years: 4 hours)
- Paid maternity leave - 8 weeks
- Paid paternity leave - 2 weeks
- Free catered lunch whenever we hit a weekly sales goal
- Casual dress code
- Relaxed atmosphere
- Easy, encouraged access to upper management and ownership
- Plenty of coffee stations
- On-site cafeteria with fresh catered food brought in 2 times a week
- Free money each week in your account for use in the cafeteria
- Peaceful outdoor seating area to get away from it all
- Option to work from home every Friday
Fill out the form below, and submit your resume for consideration.Apply Now