UI/UX Designer 1Posted: January 27, 2021
Location: Mail Shark - Mohnton, PADepartment(s): Marketing
This position will be responsible for researching, analyzing, and testing user input and data. The UX/UI Designer’s goal is to take all data, best practice, and end-user requirements and create a traceable, repeatable process and visually capturing experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and present flows, wireframes and visual mockups, as well as rapid prototypes.
- Mockup and prototype customer journeys.
- Work closely with front-end developers and project manager to implement UI solutions and ensure the technology fully executes on the vision and requirements.
- Maintain overall UI quality and design systems for consistency and ongoing improvement across all web experiences. Brand consistency needs to remain at the forefront.
- Develop, document and communicate digital guidelines and standards across Mail Shark’s digital properties.
- Continually conduct user observation, furthering education, and analysis to understand and break down the challenges of a mobile-first approach.
- Facilitating, brainstorming and/or design sessions both internally and externally with stakeholders.
- Assist with print design and ancillary tasks as needed for marketing support
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- No mathematical skills required.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret and extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Google Docs, Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, and miscellaneous programs as needed.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in fine arts, graphic design, UX, CS or related field, 5+ years of experience in UX/UI Design and Development
- Responsive design understanding, including:
- UX standards and consistency approaches for user migration across platforms
- User research related to the physical interaction of web and mobile devices
- Established go-to resources for UI/UX standards and best practices (for multiple form factors) but also knowledge of when to question the standards or identify when a new direction is needed
- Web and mobile interface design
- Begin rapid evaluation and testing of multiple UI concepts both internally and with users
- Learn beyond just the design stage of product development and understand the engineering implications of implementations and compromises of the design's execution.
- Maintain base fluency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Stay up-to-date with prototyping software
- High degree of proficiency MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications
- Begin to develop strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills
- Develop strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning)
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Cultivate the ability to work with and influence peers and senior management
- Be self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20-30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus, and ability to see color.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
About Mail Shark
Mail Shark is a full-service direct mail company that’s been providing design, printing, and mailing services to businesses of all sizes since 2008. We just finished renovating our 62,000-sq. foot facility in Mohnton, PA to accommodate our rapidly growing team!
If you’re looking for a place where your work will make a meaningful impact, join Mail Shark and grow your career alongside one of the fastest growing companies in America for the past 7 years.
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance plans for you and your family
- Health coverage begins the first day of the first full month after your start date
- 401(k) plan with dollar for dollar employer match on a generous % of your contribution
- Two weeks paid vacation to start (prorated on start date) with an additional day for each year you’re employed (up to 5 extra days)
- Three personal days per year
- 8 weeks paid maternity leave
- Free catered lunch whenever we hit a weekly sales goal (occurs frequently #humblebrag)
- Casual dress code
- Relaxed atmosphere
- Easy, encouraged access to upper management and ownership
- Plenty of coffee stations
- On-site cafeteria with fresh catered food brought in 3 times a week
- Free money each week in your account for use in the cafeteria
- Peaceful outdoor seating area to get away from it all
Fill out the form below, and submit your resume for consideration.Apply Now