Project CoordinatorPosted: September 26, 2019
Location: Mail Shark - Mohnton, PADepartment(s): Digital Marketing
The Project Coordinator is responsible for the traffic flow, from inception to completion, of all incoming creative projects from various internal clients at Mail Shark. They will ensure every project request meets all requirements to produce work as well as coordinate internal and external deadlines. The Project Coordinator will use interfaces and workflow management tools to distribute assignments and tasks to designers, copywriters and digital staff. Additionally, the Project Coordinator will assist in the hosting of weekly production meetings with creative and digital staff; update status reports for Creative Director/VP of Marketing, marketing managers and executives as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains a customer-focused perspective, involving effective communication, creative problem solving and approachability in all situations.
- Serves as the point person for any questions regarding project workflow, job status and deadlines.
- Acts as a liaison within the creative and digital teams, managing timelines and schedules to ensure that requests are realistic and delivery dates are met for creative-related projects.
- Plans and distributes weekly and daily workflow as per staff assignments from Creative Director.
- Monitors volume, creates project schedules, tracks, and monitors progress.
- Collaborates with team members to ensure workflow is maintained and milestones are met.
- Enters print jobs into Mail Shark’s production system and ensures all print files and mailing list files are uploaded by print group deadlines.
- Is in charge of all trade show displays and collateral coordination, organization, pre for shipping, intake upon return, and reordering of supplies to maintain inventory or replace broken/lost items.
- Maintains inventory counts for sales collateral in media kit area and reorders as needed to maintain sufficient quantities.
- Maintains project timelines by assigning jobs, setting priorities, and routing all requirements to appropriate staff members to ensure that materials are produced with accuracy and on time.
- Identifies missing specs and information to ensure a project's timeline and key milestones are met.
- Partners with outside vendors to obtain cost estimates as needed and manage projects as needed.
- Proofreading and checking of all department work.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrated proficiency working with Mac & Windows operating systems, Acrobat, Experience working with Microsoft 365 (Word, Excel and PowerPoint.)
- Comfortable with feedback and juggling multiple projects in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; not afraid to ask questions
- A positive problem-solver that’s organized, detailed and collaborative
- Ability to handle multiple timelines and switch between tasks to manage competing priorities
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Excellent communication skills (you should be able to clearly articulate your problem-solving and decisions)
- Ability to work well in a team setting
- Relevant experience in project management or coordination.
- 1+ years of experience in an agency or corporate creative team setting optimal.
- Experience with all Adobe applications preferred, but not required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; and regularly required to use hands; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, walk, stand, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and lift up to 25lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
About Mail Shark
Mail Shark is a full-service direct mail company that’s been providing design, printing, and mailing services to businesses of all sizes since 2008. We just finished renovating our 62,000-sq. foot facility in Mohnton, PA to accommodate our rapidly growing team!
If you’re looking for a place where your work will make a meaningful impact, join Mail Shark and grow your career alongside one of the fastest growing companies in America for the past 7 years.
- Competitive salary
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance plans for you and your family
- Health coverage begins the first day of the first full month after your start date
- 401(k) plan with dollar for dollar employer match on a generous % of your contribution
- Two weeks paid vacation to start (prorated on start date) with an additional day for each year you’re employed (up to 5 extra days)
- Three personal days per year
- 8 weeks paid maternity leave
- Free catered lunch whenever we hit a weekly sales goal
- Casual dress code
- Relaxed atmosphere
- Easy, encouraged access to upper management and ownership
- Plenty of coffee stations
- On-site cafeteria with fresh catered food brought in 3 times a week
- Free money each week in your account for use in the cafeteria
- Peaceful outdoor seating area to get away from it all