Press Operator (2nd Shift)Posted: June 21, 2018
Location: Mail Shark - Mohnton, PADepartment(s): Production
The Press Operator is responsible for running the presses and gathering all necessary materials needed to print each job.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Run same paper and 4cp/4cp all day on automated Ryobi 5c press.
- Responsible for register and maintaining color consistency throughout the run.
- Open all skids of paper needed to print for that day for each of the two presses including unwrapping and recycling skids tops and skid coverings.
- Position paper on pallet so it is ready to load into the press.
- Check and refill all ink fountains with appropriate color ink and maintain ink levels throughout the print shift for both presses.
- Mix and maintain fountain solution levels needed to print effectively.
- Use toppy device to flip all printed loads and make them ready to reload into the press to finishing printing the second side once the operator gives the OK that the first side printed is dry.
- Monitor the feeding area of the press while operator monitors the delivery side of the press and monitors the quality of print.
- Make sure all areas around both presses are clean and neat.
- Pull all paper inventory to front of paper staging area to make room for the weekly incoming paper orders.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Valid PA Driver's License
- Clean Driving Record
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of database software and software that determines the cuts.
- Time management
- Oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work at a predetermined schedule
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one year related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working with carts, skids, pallet and hand jacks, forklifts, and general hand tools
3pm - 1am, Monday-Thursday
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20-30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus, and ability to see color.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
About Mail Shark
Mail Shark is a full-service direct mail company that’s been providing design, printing, and mailing services to businesses of all sizes since 2008. We just finished renovating our 62,000-sq. foot facility in Mohnton, PA to accommodate our rapidly growing team!
If you’re looking for a place where your work will make a meaningful impact, join Mail Shark and grow your career alongside one of the fastest growing companies in America for the past 5 years.
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance plans for you and your family
- Health coverage begins the first day of the first full month after your start date
- 401(k) plan with dollar for dollar employer match on a generous % of your contribution
- Two weeks paid vacation to start (prorated on start date) with an additional day for each year you’re employed (up to 5 extra days)
- Three personal days per year
- 8 weeks paid maternity leave
- Free catered lunch whenever we hit a weekly sales goal (occurs frequently #humblebrag)
- Casual dress code
- Relaxed atmosphere
- Easy, encouraged access to upper management and ownership
- Plenty of coffee stations
- On-site cafeteria with fresh catered food brought in 3 times a week
- Free money each week in your account for use in the cafeteria
- Peaceful outdoor seating area to get away from it all