Mail and Warehouse AssociatePosted: April 26, 2021
Location: Mail Shark - Mohnton, PADepartment(s): Production Schedule: 7:30am – 3:30pm
Mail Shark is looking for a Mail & Warehouse associate who has an eye for detail and is a team player! This position will be responsible for keeping the warehouse organized by storing and fulfilling orders based on a weekly schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Unload truck and take addressed products to the warehouse for storage.
- Assigns bins that are specific to each customer in their postal facility area.
- Pulls customer's correct product, prop, and builds postal skids that will be verified by USPS for shipment to postal facility.
- Takes addressed skid to appropriate NDC racking area.
- Finds a bin that fits the customer's needs and load bin in order of mail pull, so that drops are staged for easy pulling.
- Scans the shelf tags and shelf barcode to assign the bin number and customer.
- Hangs customer rack tag next to bin number.
- Utilizes a pallet jack and forklift to put away jobs in bins higher than your reach.
- Follows the bin number, customer code, group letter, drop number, and product then matches the sheet with the shelf and pulls the tray or trays and builds skids per postal requirements for stacking of skid.
- Puts all trays on bottom and adds one foot tray to top of skid.
- Follows paperwork checklist and counts all trays on skid and marks checklist and ensures number matches 8125 and pallet tags.
- Stages mail by Friday for M-T-W trucks for USPS verification on a Monday stage, Wednesday and Thursday mail by Tuesday for Wednesday USPS verification.
- Wrap skids securely after verification and puts original stamped 8125 in pouch and stick on top of skid then tape pallet tags, one to the side and one to the front of each pallet.
- Marks skids accordingly if there is more than one, for example mark A 1of 2, 2 of 2 and so on.
- Groups pallets by trucking company that will pick up to avoid errors.
- Keep aisles free of skids.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and less than one year related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Pallet jack
- Skid wrapper
- Basic tools
- Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
- Time management
- Oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work at a pre-determined rate
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 30-40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus, and ability to see color.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
About Mail Shark
Mail Shark is a full-service direct mail company that’s been providing design, printing, and mailing services to businesses of all sizes since 2008. We just finished renovating our 62,000-sq. foot facility in Mohnton, PA to accommodate our rapidly growing team!
If you’re looking for a place where your work will make a meaningful impact, join Mail Shark and grow your career alongside one of the fastest growing companies in America for the past 7 years.
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance plans for you and your family
- Health coverage begins the first day of the first full month after your start date
- 401(k) plan with dollar for dollar employer match on a generous % of your contribution
- Two weeks paid vacation to start (prorated on start date) with an additional day for each year you’re employed (up to 5 extra days)
- Three personal days per year
- 8 weeks paid maternity leave
- Free catered lunch whenever we hit a weekly sales goal (occurs frequently #humblebrag)
- Casual dress code
- Relaxed atmosphere
- Easy, encouraged access to upper management and ownership
- Plenty of coffee stations
- On-site cafeteria with fresh catered food brought in 3 times a week
- Free money each week in your account for use in the cafeteria
- Peaceful outdoor seating area to get away from it all
Fill out the form below, and submit your resume for consideration.Apply Now