Graphic Designer (On-Site Product Layout Designer)Posted: August 24, 2023
Location: Mail Shark - Mohnton, PADepartment(s): Digital Production
Graphic Designers to the front! Comfortable with maneuvering around Adobe InDesign? Dabble in Photoshop & Illustrator? Want to be involved in a growing company…in a department that has a steady workflow of creating plug & play, template-library driven projects…while working in a performance based, fun environment with driven individuals that want to succeed alongside their colleagues and company?
Then look no further than Mail Shark!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assemble quality marketing products for clients with the intention to help them grow existing or new business, such as Postcards, Menus, Flyers, Posters and more!
- Assemble specialized products including the recreation of low-resolution logos into a vector tracing, client photo retouching, and the creation of custom layout requests that meet the client’s needs… such as billboards, posters, menu boards, monitor displays, web graphics and more!
- Verify that marketing products follow design standards and meet the needs of the requests from the client and client success manager (CSM). Output required PDF & packaged layout files when appropriate.
- Prioritize, accomplish, and balance your workflow according to project importance and deadlines. Possess the ability to manage a workflow spreadsheet of prioritized duties. Execute and prioritize multiple tasks. Have the ability to perform in a fast-paced environment that meets daily, weekly and monthly deadlines.
- Thoroughly proof and abide by established design standard checklists to ensure error free material; possess an attention to detail.
- Maintain neat, organized computer file structure, maintain low file storage by archival backup of computer files for future reference.
- Team player, step in for other designers as needed. Effectively communicate with coworkers via internet, phone, or face to face. Balance the team environment with independently working toward personal goals.
- Effectively utilize constructive feedback. Remain professional in the event a mistake is made. Handle all feedback in a professional manner and appropriately prioritize dissatisfied customers.
- Maintain neat and organized desk space, especially EOD.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Ideally, applicants should have a 2-year degree or more from college or technical school with 1-year or more related experience or training. That said, people who know how to use InDesign without a degree exist; please apply!
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports, and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent, and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Equipment & Computer Skills:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, some Google Docs Spreadsheet, Adobe InDesign, some Adobe Photoshop, some Adobe Acrobat, some Adobe Illustrator, Google Chrome, some Safari, some Firefox, Microsoft Outlook, some Microsoft Teams, Mac OS, some Windows OS.
Strong ability to receive and handle in-depth constructive criticism.
- Self-evaluation of proofing for spelling and fine line design symmetry.
- Time management
- Organizational skills
- Proofreading of spelling and fine line design symmetry
- Oral and written communication skills
- Attention to Detail
- Associates degree (A. A. / A. S.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school plus a minimum of one-year related experience or training. Alternatively, two to four years’ minimum experience without any formal related education.
- Ideally, applicants should have a 2-year degree or more from college or technical school with 1-year or more related experience or training. That said, people who know how to use InDesign without a degree exist; please apply!
Availability 7:30AM to 7:30PM Weekdays, usually five 8 hour workdays in a week that fall inside the availability timeframe.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk, hear, and light lifting. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus, and ability to see color.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather), moving mechanical part, and fumes or airborne particles, and extreme heat.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
About Mail Shark
Mail Shark’s secret sauce is their annual mailing program offering to their clients. Most direct mail companies require businesses to print minimums of 100,000 pieces to lock in good pricing, then they also mail those 100K pieces all at once, crushing your local mom & pop with lack of staff, lack of inventory, and ultimately their customers are receiving a poor experience and may not come back. Our weekly mailing program has a minimum quantity of 5000 pieces per product, offers multiple different products throughout the year to keep marketing fresh and exciting, and spreads the mailings out typically over a 10 week period per product. This locks in marketing all year long with a weekly mailing where the client can steadily handle any new & existing business, and can adequately plan to have proper staffing and inventory available for business coming in. Best part of all, the client doesn’t pay anything until the products have already printed and have mailed their first week from our facility, and even at that, they pay weekly through the course of the mailings rather than paying it all up front. That is how Mail Shark has grown exponentially because it’s a no-brainer program, and we eat the up-front cost to do business.
We know that in this day and age, remote work is desirable. We respectfully admit that working from home does not work well for our office employees. We firmly believe that our entire company is most successful when everyone is in the office as often as possible for their scheduled shift. Having the in-person contact, ability to be over the shoulder or have in-person activity meetings are crucial for our environment. In circumstances of bad weather or sickness within reason, we permit working from home, and we provide software to still tune in to meetings from home.
- Competitive salary
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance plans for you and your family
- Health coverage begins the first day of the first full month after your start date
- 401(k) plan with dollar for dollar employer match on a generous % of your contribution
- You start with 13 days of paid time off (prorated on start date)
- For each year you’re employed you’ll receive additional PTO (1-5 years: 8 hours) (6+ years: 4 hours)
- Paid maternity leave - 8 weeks
- Paid paternity leave - 2 weeks
- Free catered lunch whenever we hit a weekly sales goal
- Casual dress code
- Relaxed atmosphere
- Easy, encouraged access to upper management and ownership
- Plenty of coffee stations
- On-site cafeteria with fresh catered food brought in 2 times a week
- Free money each week in your account for use in the cafeteria
- Peaceful outdoor seating area to get away from it all
- Option to work from home every Friday
If you’ve been looking to get serious about being with a company long-term and grow your strengths even further in your abilities to layout & use the software, we are looking for you, and you’ve picked the best job application to view! Apply today!Apply Now