Graphic Design ArtistPosted: November 27, 2018
Location: Mail Shark - Mohnton, PADepartment(s): Prepress Production
Provides day-to-day artwork creation and support while working closely with various internal departments and external customers by performing the following duties:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates quality marketing material for standard, potential, and high demand clients in order to help them grow existing or new business.
- Creates quality marketing materials of specialized products that are solely created in-house and not distributed to external freelance artists, including 2-Sided Box Toppers, Monthly Box Toppers, Monthly Box Topper Templates, Monthly New Mover Postcards, Monthly Birthday Mailer Postcards
- Handles the recreation vector tracing of low resolution logos, photo retouching of customer provided photography, and the manipulation or creation of customer artwork to meet the specs of the customer's own personal endeavors, such as billboards, posters, menu boards, monitor displays, etc.
- Steps up as the new artist of a product in place of another artist when artwork needs to be rescued or corrected for various reasons, including absent artist, missing artist, artist communication break, deadline day quick fixes, etc.
- Verifies marketing materials meet template requirements and client and account specialist instructions or change requests, and finalizes marketing products that adhere to company and client standards.
- Preparing PDFs for production needs, verifying, preparing, and packaging artwork correctly once approved.
- Understands attention to detail is crucial while ensuring error-free material with thorough proofreading.
- Prioritizes, accomplishes, and balances workflow in accordance to project importance and deadlines; expectation to manage a workflow spreadsheet that prioritizes duties; expectation to execute and prioritize multiple tasks; expectation to perform in a fast- paced environment that meets daily, weekly, and monthly deadlines.
- Maintains neat, organized file structure on all computers that one comes into contact with, maintaining low storage by archiving and backing up for future reference.
- Effectively communicates with fellow employees or client artists via internet, phone, or face to face when needed.
- Operates in a team environment while independently and collectively working toward similar goals.
- Keeps calm during situations of constructive feedback or when making a mistake; handles all feedback in a professional manner, prioritizing customers who complain.
- Maintains neat organized desk space, especially prior to leaving the building.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent, and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Google Docs Spreadsheet, Some Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat (not required, but a plus), Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Mail Applications.
- Ability to use standard Windows and Mac computers.
- Ability to receive and handle in-depth constructive criticism.
- Organization and time management skills.
- Ability to proofread, including spelling and fine line design symmetry.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Professionalism and diplomacy skills.
- Associate's degree (A. A. / A. S.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school and less than one year related experience or training; or two to four years’ experience without any further education; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Availability 7:30AM to 7:30PM Weekdays, usually five 8 hour workdays in a week that fall inside the availability timeframe.
About Mail Shark
Mail Shark is a full-service direct mail company that’s been providing design, printing, and mailing services to businesses of all sizes since 2008. We just finished renovating our 62,000-sq. foot facility in Mohnton, PA to accommodate our rapidly growing team!
If you’re looking for a place where your work will make a meaningful impact, join Mail Shark and grow your career alongside one of the fastest growing companies in America for the past 5 years.
- Competitive salary
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance plans for you and your family
- Health coverage begins the first day of the first full month after your start date
- 401(k) plan with dollar for dollar employer match on a generous % of your contribution
- Two weeks paid vacation to start (prorated on start date) with an additional day for each year you’re employed (up to 5 extra days)
- Three personal days per year
- 8 weeks paid maternity leave
- Free catered lunch whenever we hit a weekly sales goal (occurs frequently)
- Casual dress code
- Relaxed atmosphere
- Easy, encouraged access to upper management and ownership
- Plenty of coffee stations
- On-site cafeteria with fresh catered food brought in 3 times a week
- Free money each week in your account for use in the cafeteria
- Peaceful outdoor seating area to get away from it all