Entry-Level Graphic Design ArtistPosted: June 25, 2020
Location: Mail Shark - Reading, PADepartment(s): Prepress Production
The Graphic Design Artist provides day-to-day artwork creation and support while working closely with various internal departments and external customers by performing the following duties:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates quality marketing material for standard, potential and high demand clients in order to help them grow existing or new business.
- Creates quality marketing materials of specialized products that are solely created in- house including the recreation vector tracing of low-resolution logos. Photo retouching of customer provided photography and the manipulation and/or creation of customer artwork to meet the specs of the customer's own personal endeavors such as billboards, posters, menu boards and monitor displays, etc.
- Steps in for another artist as needed during emergency situations such as absences, communication breakdowns, artwork correction, etc.
- Verifies that marketing materials meet template requirements and that they follow the client and account specialists’ instructions and change requests. Finalizes marketing products so that they adhere to company and client standards. Preparing PDFs for production needs. Verifies, prepares, packages artwork correctly once approved.
- Understands attention to detail is crucial while ensuring error free material with thorough proofreading.
- Prioritizes, accomplishes and balances workflow in accordance with project importance and deadlines. Possesses the ability to manage a workflow spreadsheet of prioritized duties. Expected to execute and prioritize multiple tasks. Must have the ability to perform in a fast-paced environment that meets daily, weekly and monthly deadlines.
- Maintains neat, organized file structure, maintains low storage by archiving and backing up computer files for future reference.
- Effectively communicates with fellow employees or client artists via internet, phone, or face to face when needed.
- Operates in a team environment while independently and collectively working toward similar goals.
- Effectively utilizes constructive feedback. Remains professional in the event a mistake is made. Handles all feedback in a professional manner and appropriately prioritizes dissatisfied customers.
- Maintains neat organized desk space, especially prior to leaving the building.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports, and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent, and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Google Docs Spreadsheet, Some Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat (not required, but a plus), Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Mail Applications, Mac OS, Windows OS.
- Ability to use standard Mac and Windows computers, BizHub Digital Press and Platerite 4000 Platemaker.
- Strong ability to receive and handle in-depth constructive criticism.
- Organization and time management skills.
- Ability to proofread, including spelling and fine line design symmetry.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Professionalism and diplomacy skills.
- Associate's degree (A. A. / A. S.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school and less than one year related experience or training; or two to four years’ experience without any further education; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Availability 7:30AM to 7:30PM Weekdays, usually five 8 hour workdays in a week that fall inside the availability timeframe.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk, hear, and light lifting. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus, and ability to see color.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather), moving mechanical part, and fumes or airborne particles, and extreme heat.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
About Mail Shark
Mail Shark is a full-service direct mail company that’s been providing design, printing, and mailing services to businesses of all sizes since 2008. We now operate out of two facilities: a 62,000-sq. foot facility in Mohnton, PA, and our recently opened facility in Reading, PA.
If you’re looking for a place where your work will make a meaningful impact, join Mail Shark and grow your career alongside one of the fastest growing companies in America for the past 8 years.
- Competitive salary
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance plans for you and your family
- Health coverage begins the first day of the first full month after your start date
- 401(k) plan with dollar for dollar employer match on a generous % of your contribution
- Two weeks paid vacation to start (prorated on start date) with an additional day for each year you’re employed (up to 5 extra days)
- Three personal days per year
- 8 weeks paid maternity leave
- Free catered lunch whenever we hit a weekly sales goal (occurs frequently)
- Casual dress code
- Relaxed atmosphere
- Easy, encouraged access to upper management and ownership
- Plenty of coffee stations
- On-site cafeteria with fresh catered food brought in 3 times a week
- Free money each week in your account for use in the cafeteria
- Peaceful outdoor seating area to get away from it all