Digital DesignerPosted: April 5, 2021
Location: Mail Shark - Mohnton, PADepartment(s): Marketing
The Digital Designer’s goal is to use best practice, solid design, consider user requirements, and develop visually capturing UX experiences across all digital spaces (web, email, mobile, etc.) in the marketing department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design digital assets for multimedia and graphics projects, including websites, mobile apps, advertising, basic gif animation, emails, social media, mobile apps, and interactive displays.
- Design and present flows, wireframes and visual mockups, as well as rapid prototypes
- Work closely with front-end developers and project manager to implement UI solutions and ensure the technology fully executes on the vision and requirements
- Maintain overall UI quality and design systems for consistency and ongoing improvement across all web experiences. Brand consistency needs to remain at the forefront
- Develop, document and communicate digital guidelines and standards across Mail Shark’s digital properties
- Continually conduct user observation, furthering education, and analysis to understand and break down the challenges of a mobile-first approach
- Facilitating, brainstorming and/or design sessions both internally and externally with stakeholders.
- Manage some basic duties in our marketing management system such as but not limited to landing page designs and updates
- Manage the digital bucket of the brand system which includes updating and maintaining assets, logos, and components as it relates to the identity of the brand
- Develop email designs
- Manage design aspects of the website
- Assist with print design and ancillary tasks as needed for marketing support
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- No mathematical skills required.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret and extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Google Docs, Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, Adobe Creative Cloud Suite specifically XD, Dreamweaver, and Photoshop, and miscellaneous programs as needed.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in fine arts, graphic design, UX, CS or comparable work experience in related field
- Responsive design understanding, including:
- UX standards and consistency approaches for user migration across platforms
- User research related to the physical interaction of web and mobile
- Established go-to resources for UI/UX standards and best practices (for multiple form factors) but also knowledge of when to question the standards or identify when a new direction is needed
- Web and mobile interface design
- Begin rapid evaluation and testing of multiple UI concepts both internally and with usersl
- Maintain base fluency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficiency MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications
- Develop strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning)
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; and regularly required to use hands; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, walk, stand, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and lift up to 25lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
About Mail Shark
Mail Shark is a full-service direct mail company that’s been providing design, printing, and mailing services to businesses of all sizes since 2008. We just finished renovating our 62,000-sq. foot facility in Mohnton, PA to accommodate our rapidly growing team!
If you’re looking for a place where your work will make a meaningful impact, join Mail Shark and grow your career alongside one of the fastest growing companies in America for the past 7 years.
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance plans for you and your family
- Health coverage begins the first day of the first full month after your start date
- 401(k) plan with dollar for dollar employer match on a generous % of your contribution
- Two weeks paid vacation to start (prorated on start date) with an additional day for each year you’re employed (up to 5 extra days)
- Three personal days per year
- 8 weeks paid maternity leave
- Free catered lunch whenever we hit a weekly sales goal (occurs frequently #humblebrag)
- Casual dress code
- Relaxed atmosphere
- Easy, encouraged access to upper management and ownership
- Plenty of coffee stations
- On-site cafeteria with fresh catered food brought in 3 times a week
- Free money each week in your account for use in the cafeteria
- Peaceful outdoor seating area to get away from it all
Fill out the form below, and submit your resume for consideration.Apply Now