Creative DirectorPosted: December 6, 2018
Location: Mail Shark - Mohnton, PADepartment(s): Digital Marketing
Mail Shark is seeking an outstanding Creative Director to fill a newly-created role that will help tell our story by leading branding and visual design initiatives.
We believe that great design should influence all aspects of Mail Shark, whether through our products and services, advertising, internal tools, or external communications. As a Creative Director, you will work in tandem with senior leadership and our talented creative team while participating in and contributing to brand building ideas.
In addition to directing the visual personality and presentation of all Mail Shark marketing, you’ll be responsible for the development and execution of creative concepts for leading-edge marketing for new and existing print (direct mail, sales collateral, posters) and digital channels (web, social, mobile). You’ll also ensure consistency across marketing materials while remaining current with industry best practices.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ultimate responsibility for the visual personality of the Mail Shark brand, and all communication tools through typeface, color, image content and style, eye flow, and pace
- Create innovation in design concepts and art direction, while maintaining brand strategy and identity
- Help bring incredible projects to life spanning every known medium that are smart, impactful, and brand centered
- Possess a passion for design and a willingness to mentor and motivate your team, set goals, handle reviews, and push designers to learn and grow
- Build and manage a team of talented designers, project managers, and copywriters to create stunning campaigns and visual assets
- Provide direction to designers on locating resources essential to their job (i.e. logos, files, images, etc.)
- Be a creative problem solver by leading brainstorming sessions and delivering suggestions to design team members
- Host project kick-offs and effectively present, manage, and communicate project ideas and timelines to design team members
- Oversee and uphold the development of design standards and templates
- Deliver high-quality pieces on tight deadlines, review samples, and either approve or propose changes to be implemented by designers
- An eye for visually interesting compositions and scenes.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize competing demands.
- Advanced skills design tools such as Adobe Creative Cloud, Invision, etc.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in learning new design programs.
- Well-developed interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- A good understanding of typography and visual layout and design a must.
- Knowledge of html/CSS or other related programming is a plus.
- Understanding of marketing - including branding, market segmentation, and personas a plus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to produce advertising for print and web beginning with marketing conception through graphic design and/or illustration, etc.
- Understanding of print production methods including four-color separation process, pre-press processing, etc.
- A strong portfolio showing web design, UI/UX design, print design, video and/or photography work samples.
- College Degree in Creative Arts, Design, or a related field
- 7+ years’ experience in a creative execution role
- Must have substantial knowledge of print production, including retouching, prepress, and proofing
- Must be proficient in InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Must be aware of current direct mail trends, as well as web UI/UX design trends
- Excellent written and verbal communications, strong presentation skills, and the ability to personally organize and set priorities
- Must be able to interface with Marketing, Sales, Production, Prepress, and Account Services departments
- Must be capable of handling numerous projects in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Must be a responsible self-starter and be able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to listen, digest, and give constructive feedback that makes your team better and doesn’t stifle growth
- An understanding of analytics/an analytical mindset is a plus
About Mail Shark
Mail Shark is a full-service direct mail company that’s been providing design, printing, and mailing services to businesses of all sizes since 2008. We just finished renovating our 80,000-sq. foot facility in Mohnton, PA to accommodate our rapidly growing team!
If you’re looking for a place where your work will make a meaningful impact, join Mail Shark and grow your career alongside one of the fastest growing companies in America for the past 7 years.
- Competitive salary
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance plans for you and your family
- Health coverage begins the first day of the first full month after your start date
- 401(k) plan with dollar for dollar employer match on a generous % of your contribution
- Two weeks paid vacation to start (prorated on start date) with an additional day for each year you’re employed (up to 5 extra days)
- Three personal days per year
- 8 weeks paid maternity leave
- Free catered lunch whenever we hit a weekly sales goal (occurs frequently #humblebrag)
- Casual dress code
- Relaxed atmosphere
- Easy, encouraged access to upper management and ownership
- Plenty of coffee stations
- On-site cafeteria with fresh catered food brought in 3 times a week
- Free money each week in your account for use in the cafeteria
- Peaceful outdoor seating area to get away from it all