Business Operations AssistantPosted: September 21, 2021
Location: Mail Shark - Mohnton & Reading, PADepartment(s): Business Operations
The Business Operations Assistant's responsibilities include reporting directly to the VP of Business Operations and supporting various operations tasks/activities. This person should also be well-versed in internal operations, have an accounting mindset, create and maintain spreadsheets for reporting, and be able to handle internal account inquiries/reconciliations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support to VP of Business Operations in resolving operational issues as needed
- Assist on business operations projects and solutions
- Maintain and audit client accounts for accuracy in billing
- Perform weekly, monthly and quarterly audits on operations tasks
- Consult and collaborate with sales leaders and executives on sales tasks (territory rotation, client sync issues, call tracking, SOP’s)
- Communicate with vendors and provide oversight as required on shipping initiatives
- Enforce internal processes
- Maintain logs and spreadsheets for various audits
- Answer general questions and escalate requests to other departments (as warranted)
- Perform additional functions as assigned by the VP of Business Operations
To be successful as an operations assistant, you should possess excellent communication skills and be able to juggle multiple tasks. Top candidates will have strong organizational, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills as well as being very detail oriented.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Mail Shark Site,internet software, and miscellaneous programs as needed.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A. / B. S.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Accounting: 1 Year (Preferred)
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
- Oral communication skills
- Customer Service Skills
- Organization skills
- Written communication skills
- Diplomacy skills
- Time management skills
- Telephone etiquette skills
- Computer literacy skills
- Proofreading skills
- Keyboard skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20-30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus, and ability to see color.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Multi location (Mohnton Office: 4125 New Holland Rd Mohnton, PA 19540 and Tuckerton Office: 169 Tuckerton Rd Reading, PA 19605). Position may be split between both on certain days of the week.
About Mail Shark
Mail Shark is a full-service direct mail company that’s been providing design, printing, and mailing services to businesses of all sizes since 2008. We just finished renovating our 62,000-sq. foot facility in Mohnton, PA to accommodate our rapidly growing team!
If you’re looking for a place where your work will make a meaningful impact, join Mail Shark and grow your career alongside one of the fastest growing companies in America for the past 9 years.
- Competitive salary
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance plans for you and your family
- Health coverage begins the first day of the first full month after your start date
- 401(k) plan with dollar for dollar employer match on a generous % of your contribution
- Two weeks paid vacation to start (prorated on start date) with an additional day for each year you’re employed (up to 5 extra days)
- Three personal days per year
- 8 weeks paid maternity leave
- 2 weeks paid paternity leave
- Free catered lunch whenever we hit a weekly sales goal
- Casual dress code
- Relaxed atmosphere
- Easy, encouraged access to upper management and ownership
- Plenty of coffee stations
- On-site cafeteria with fresh catered food brought in 3 times a week
- Free money each week in your account for use in the cafeteria
- Peaceful outdoor seating area to get away from it all
Fill out the form below, and submit your resume for consideration.Apply Now