Business Operations AssistantPosted: September 19, 2023
Location: Mail Shark - 169 Tuckerton Rd Reading, PA 19605, PADepartment(s): Business Operations
The Business Operations Assistant's responsibilities include reporting directly to the VP of Business Operations and supporting various operations tasks/activities. This person should also be well-versed in internal operations, have an accounting mindset, create and maintain spreadsheets for reporting, and be able to handle internal account inquiries/reconciliations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support to VP of Business Operations in resolving operational issues as needed
- Assist on business operations projects and solutions
- Maintain and audit client accounts for accuracy in billing
- Perform weekly, monthly and quarterly audits on operations tasks
- Consult and collaborate with sales leaders and executives on sales tasks (territory rotation, client sync issues, call tracking, SOP’s)
- Communicate with vendors and provide oversight as required on shipping initiatives
- Enforce internal processes
- Maintain logs and spreadsheets for various audits
- Answer general questions and escalate requests to other departments (as warranted)
- Perform additional functions as assigned by the VP of Business Operations
- To be successful as an operations assistant, you should possess excellent communication skills and be able to juggle multiple tasks. Top candidates will have strong organizational, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills as well as being very detail oriented.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Mail Shark Site,internet software, and miscellaneous programs as needed.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20-30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus, and ability to see color.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A. / B. S.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Accounting: 1 Year (Preferred)
- Oral communication skills
- Customer service skills
- Organization skills
- Written communication skills
- Diplomacy skills
- Time management skills
- Telephone etiquette skills
- Computer literacy skills
- Proofreading skills
- Keyboard skills
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Fill out the form below, and submit your resume for consideration.Apply Now