Accounting Associate (Entry Level)Posted: January 9, 2023
Location: Mail Shark - Reading, PADepartment(s): HR & Accounting
Assists in the area of financial reporting and processing transactions for Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Process single and batch Credit Card transactions.
- Process single and batch ACH transactions.
- Deposit checks from clients.
- Maintain Accounts Receivables using the Mail Shark system.
- Contact customers with returned payments and recapture funds.
- Coordinate Collections using third party agencies.
- Update Accounting Software for Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable transactions.
- Maintain a task list of time sensitive transactions and process when due.
- Prepare invoices and ledgers for Corporate Accounts and oversee the associated Receivables.
- Communicate with Account Executives regarding Accounts Receivable.
- Prepare various internal audits and reconciliations.
- Prepare reports, documents and spreadsheets for direct supervisor on request.
- Performs other duties as requested.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office 365, Managerial Accounting Information Systems, ADP Online, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox.
- Time management skills
- Oral and written communication skills
- Associate degree (A. A. / A. S.) from two-year college or university and one to two years related experience; and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Degree or experience should have a Concentration in Accounting
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
About Mail SharkMail Shark is a national direct mail marketing company that helps businesses of all sizes acquire and retain more customers. Mail Shark champions innovation, integrity, and a service-mentality that puts customers first. Founded in Berks County, Pennsylvania in 2009, Mail Shark has been providing effective direct mail marketing, outstanding customer service, and delivering results to businesses from day one. Ranked by INC Magazine as one of Americas Fastest growing private companies 9 years in a row, our team continues its rapid growth. We’re looking for hungry candidates to help us strengthen our industry-leading team. We’re creating better marketing strategies. We’re adding more products to our lineup. We’re developing research to help our clients market their businesses better & We’re building stronger relationships with the best partners in our industry. Our customers love marketing strategies and our products. We love serving them. And we love the journey we’re on together. Come build with us!
Fill out the form below, and submit your resume for consideration.Apply Now