Mail Puller (2nd Shift)Posted: April 5, 2018
Location: Mail Shark - Mohnton, PADepartment(s): Production
The Mail Puller will assist and prepare paperwork for the ink lines and serve as general helper for packing, mail pulling and shipping.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Takes addressed products to the warehouse for storage.
- Assigns bins that are specific to each customer in their postal facility area.
- Pulls customer's correct product, prop, and builds postal skids that will be verified by USPS for shipment to postal facility.
- Takes addressed skid to appropriate NDC racking area.
- Finds a bin that fits the customer's needs and load bin in order of mail pull, so that drops are staged for easy pulling.
- Marks the put away sheet with the bin number and customer.
- Makes more trays to front of NDC racks to create more space for new customers and then marks put away and moves chart with new location number.
- Hangs customer rack tag next to bin number.
- Utilizes a pallet jack and forklift to put away jobs in bins higher than your reach.
- Mails pull list provided in three sections for each NDC or SCF skid in bin order to minimize search times.
- Follows the bin number, customer code, group letter, drop number, and product then matches the sheet with the shelf and pulls the tray or trays and builds skids per postal requirements for stacking of skid.
- Puts all trays on bottom and adds one foot tray to top of skid.
- Follows paperwork checklist and counts all trays on skid and marks checklist and ensures number matches 8125 and pallet tags.
- Stages mail by Friday for M-T-W trucks for USPS verification on a Monday stage, Wednesday and Thursday mail by Tuesday for Wednesday USPS verification.
- Skid wrap skids securely after verification and puts original stamped 8125 in pouch and stick on top of skid then tape pallet tags, one to the side and one to the front of each pallet.
- Marks skids accordingly if there is more than one, for example mark A 1 of 2, 2 of 2 and so on.
- Groups pallets by trucking company that will pick up to avoid errors.
- Keeps aisles free of skids.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Time management.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work at a predetermined schedule.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and less than one year related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working with basic tools, forklifts, pallet jacks, and skid wrappers.
12pm - 10pm, Monday-Thursday
About Mail Shark
Mail Shark is a full-service direct mail company that’s been providing design, printing, and mailing services to businesses of all sizes since 2008. We just finished renovating our 62,000-sq. foot facility in Mohnton, PA to accommodate our rapidly growing team!
If you’re looking for a place where your work will make a meaningful impact, join Mail Shark and grow your career alongside one of the fastest growing companies in America for the past 5 years.
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance plans for you and your family
- Health coverage begins the first day of the first full month after your start date
- 401(k) plan with dollar for dollar employer match on a generous % of your contribution
- Two weeks paid vacation to start (prorated on start date) with an additional day for each year you’re employed (up to 5 extra days)
- Three personal days per year
- 8 weeks paid maternity leave
- 8 weeks paid maternity leave
- Casual dress code
- Relaxed atmosphere
- Easy, encouraged access to upper management and ownership
- Plenty of coffee stations
- On-site cafeteria with fresh catered food brought in 3 times a week
- Free money each week in your account for use in the cafeteria
- Peaceful outdoor seating area to get away from it all